19 September, 2009

Forward, friends, food

Through my best friend Ian I met Trevor and James, and they're rad. Last night Trevor's band Meridene played at Forward Festival in Madison, so James came up from Milwaukee and we hopped on the bus and went to the show. Trevor got us on the guest list for the Amble Down Records showcase and it was a lovely time (despite the expensive beer). The Rotunda in the Overture Center is pretty neat although everyone looking down the rabbit hole above is a little distracting. It was good to finally get to see Meridene after all these years (they, as well as their record label, are based out of Eau Claire/Minneapolis, somewhere I don't get very often) and hang out with Trevor and the other bands, especially The Wars of 1812.





After the show, we headed over to Denny's with James and I ordered this monstrosity, the SlamBurger (with a veggie patty substituted in for the meat, of course):


Hashbrowns, an egg over-medium and cheese sauce atop a Boca burger (and with seasoned fries). It was delicious, and I finished it, despite feeling as though I was having a mild cardiac episode. Ian got sick on cheesecake and James tackled the Lumberjack Slam--that is a hell of a lot of food. I was so full I came home and fell asleep in my clothes almost immediately. That's good for you, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment