17 September, 2009

Dinner 9/16

I've decided to start documenting the stuff I cook when I get ambitious (and the proper ingredients). Here's the first entry in the Dinner series.
I got done with work early yesterday and swung through the produce department of the local grocery on my way home. I spent the afternoon sauteeing and brushing up on my French with an audio course I picked up at the library. It was a lovely afternoon, and produced lovely results:
Pasta with asparagus, red pepper, tomato, broccoli, zucchini, mushroom, red onion, fresh basil and garlic sauteed in olive oil (plus salt, black pepper, mozzarella and parmasan cheeses and toasted French bread). It was the perfect early fall meal. The red pepper was wonderfully sweet (best pepper ever?), and the basil and olive oil really complimented the asparagus. The cheese and black pepper paired nicely with the sweet onion and zucchini. It was basically yummy, but next time--more garlic. It was a little bland, and garlic's incredibly good for you anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment