30 September, 2009

Drats

I made bruschetta and angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce the other night and forgot to take a picture... I am not doing well at keeping up with my Dinner Series, am I?

Anyway, if you want a really easy way to make bruschetta, you can try this--

Heat oven to 400. Tear up as much basil as you like (I like a lot), dice up about 4 or 5 smallish tomatos, dice 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, and toss it all together with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a handful of shredded mozarella. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Slice eight 1 inch slices of French or Italian bread (I used wheat French bread--delicious!), lay them on the cookie sheet, and evenly distribute the tomato mixture to each slice. Top each with a sprinkle of mozarella and bake for about 8 minutes. Finish with a very closely watched spell under the broiler (until the cheese gets brown in spots) and you've got a delicious appetizer or light meal.

Wahey!

No comments:

Post a Comment